Portland Mayor Hales didn’t invite the public to yesterday’s afternoon meeting focused on homelessness.
The meeting was presented as a “Summer Livability Planning Session,” but Sara Hottman, a spokeswoman for Hales, told the Oregonian/Oregon Live that the main area of focus was specifically the North Park Blocks.
Keeping participation limited will help the group stay focused and on track, according to the mayor’s office. Hottman said the meeting was scheduled before the coalition filed its lawsuit last week.
“Everyone invited was identified as among the most productive members of last year’s meeting,” Hottman said.
Safe & Livable asked last Friday to attend today’s meeting – which begins at 1 p.m. in The Portland Building – but was told “no.”
(READ MORE: Oregon Live)
The Oregonian/Oregon Live updated the story yesterday afternoon, citing that Hoffman confirmed the invitation and attendance of coalition representatives, “two people from the Pearl District and the chair of the Central Eastside Industrial Council.”
The Safe & Livable Portland coalition filed a lawsuit against the City of Portland and Mayor Hales on April 20 over the lax homeless policies enacted in February.
RELATED NEWS: Stand Up app tackles Central Oregon homelessness; Homelessness: Charlie Hales announces new strategy.