Seattle gets first Tazo tea shop
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
After moving its Portland Tazo tea operations to Washington state, Starbucks is planning to open its first tea shop this fall
After moving its Portland Tazo tea operations to Washington state, Starbucks is planning to open its first tea shop this fall.
The Seattle-based cafe chain says the store will open near its headquarters and will include a tea bar where customers can blend their own tea mixes with the help of a store worker the company is calling a "tea partner."
Portland entrepreneur Steve Smith founded Tazo Tea Co. 18 years ago and built it into a global brand, buying ingredients worldwide and marketing quirky, whimsical blends. Starbucks bought the company in 1999 for a reported $9.1 million.
Read more at OregonLive
Last modified onMonday, 19 October 2015 11:40
- Photo Gallery: Best Images Of 2022
- Oregon-China Partnerships ‘Should Go On’ Despite Tensions, Chinese Consul General Says
- EPA Approves $97 million Loan to Medford Water Commission.
- McLeod-Skinner, Kotek Clinch Nominations as Oregon Counts Primary Ballots
- Comcast Launching WiFi-Connected “Lift Zones” in Oregon/SW Washington
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise