Salem might expand the runway at Salem Municipal Airport to allow for larger lans with more cargo, and boost business.
What would a longer runway at Salem Municipal Airport mean? It could mean more business for the airport and Salem. Larger planes with more cargo would be able to fly in and out. But the expansion also could mean the relocation of some owners of mobile homes nearest to the elongated runway. The city has scheduled a community open house Wednesday to share information about plans for the airport.
The city's preferred alternative adds about 1,400 feet to the south end of the runway and updates taxiways and lighting systems. The extension would allow planes to take off and land when fully loaded with fuel and cargo, something that is hindered by the shorter runway.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer