EnviroTech Services opened a facility in Prineville that plans to make extensive use of the City of Prineville Railway.
EnviroTech ships magnesium chloride de-icer liquid via rail throughout the country.
Having turned a small profit, following years of struggle, the City of Prineville Railway has turned their attention to increasing railroad traffic and growing revenues.
So far, the Railway is running about 20 to 30 cars of EnviroTech product per year.
“It is going to help us hold the line and deal with the economy,” [Railway Business Development Manager Dale] Keller stated. “It is going to give us a more steady revenue stream.”
Read more at the Central Oregonian.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- New for the 2023 Survey: Customized, Supplemental 100 Best Survey Questions
- Fresh Solutions for Flexible Workplaces
- Hop In! How Shared Rides Boost Staff Benefits
- Recruit, retain employees + create thriving workplaces by leveraging low-cost commute benefits
- Corporate Social Responsibility Panel Discussion