Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders will host a campaign rally today at the Salem Armory Auditorium.
From Statesman Journal:
Sanders is expected to give his stump speech, discussing the influence of money in politics, making public colleges tuition-free, fighting climate change and implementing universal health care.
The candidate is trailing former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the race to claim the Democratic nomination. Despite that, Sanders is posturing strongly in Oregon. The Salem rally will be his fourth campaign stop in the Beaver State — Hillary Clinton has not yet visited.
- Intel Says It Will Cover Employee Abortions ‘Where Permitted’
- McLeod-Skinner, Kotek Clinch Nominations as Oregon Counts Primary Ballots
- Federal Judge Rules to End Oregon’s Ban on Homebuyer ‘Love Letters’
- Biden Says Infrastructure Bill Will Bring Oregon Into the Economy of the Future
- Blumenauer: House's Passage of MORE Act ‘A Milestone’