Stimulus funds in motion

Stimulus spending on Oregon road and other transportation projects is well under way.

Share this article!

The Oregon Department of Transportation, counties, cities and regional agencies have been actively spending the nearly half a billion dollars the state received for transportation projets.

ODOT Director Matt Garrett said about 80 percent of the $460 million total has been obligated to projects — and the other 20 percent, mostly the result of savings from earlier projects, will be obligated for additional projects before the federal deadline of March 1.

“There is no question it has saved jobs in this state,” Garrett told a joint meeting of the House and Senate transportation committees last week.

Read the full story at the Statesman Journal.

{biztweet}Oregon ODOT stimulus{/biztweet}

Latest from Oregon Business Team