Governor John A. Kitzhaber recently appointed Lane Powell Shareholder Walter W. McMonies to serve a four-year term as the Multifamily Stakeholder Member on the Oregon Seismic Safety Policy Advisory Commission (“OSSPAC”), which is dedicated to promoting earthquake awareness and preparedness through education, research and legislation.
As a committee member, McMonies will draw from his experience as a lawyer representing apartment owners, as an owner of several historic apartment buildings and as a member of the Historic Preservation League of Oregon’s 2012 Seismic Roundtable, where he helped create action-oriented policy recommendations intended to make historic masonry buildings safe, durable, productive and viable. McMonies has also been a regular speaker and author on the subject of earthquakes and historic buildings in Oregon that are in need of seismic upgrades.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- October Oregon Get There Challenge: Build A Thriving Workforce By Making Employee Commutes Better
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- The 2023 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is open!
- New for the 2023 Survey: Customized, Supplemental 100 Best Survey Questions
- Fresh Solutions for Flexible Workplaces