Cylvia Hayes was under criminal investigation
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
Documents obtained by The Oregonian show that Cylvia Hayes was under investigation by the Oregon Department of Justice.
Hayes, Gov. John Kitzhaber's long-time companion, was part of a probe into how Oregon Department of Energy officials steered $60,000 to her firm.
Both Hayes and Kitzhaber have said publicly that she was not under investigation.
Justice Department officials said they found no wrongdoing involving Hayes during the investigation. Kitzhaber was never implicated.
The records show the Justice Department issued a secret criminal subpoena in September for Hayes' bank records. The investigation in part focused on whether she may have broken laws in winning other state contracts.
On Aug. 30, 2010, Hayes says the Justice Department told her she was not the target or the subject of an investigation.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise