Portland-based Alta Bicycle Share is one of two companies in the running to receive a $200 million contract from New York City DOT.
Alta Bicycle Share is a spinoff of Alta Planning + Design, a company that helps cities around the world plan and implement biking and walking facilities. In September of last year, Alta Bicycle Share launched Capital Bikeshare in Washington DC. That system is one of the largest in the U.S. with over 100 kiosks offering members 1,100 bikes accessible through a key-card system.
New York City DOT is looking to launch what would be by far the largest bike-share system in the country with an estimated 10,000 bicycles spread over 600 stations.
Read more at BikePortland.org.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- October Oregon Get There Challenge: Build A Thriving Workforce By Making Employee Commutes Better
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- The 2023 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is open!
- New for the 2023 Survey: Customized, Supplemental 100 Best Survey Questions
- Fresh Solutions for Flexible Workplaces