Gerding Edlen and Melvin Mark have submitted proposals to buy and develop surplus county property at the western end of the Morrison Bridge in Portland.
Melvin Mark Companies proposes to buy the four-block parcel for $10 million, and build an office tower on one block and the James Beard Public Market--akin to Seattle's Pike Place Market--on the remaining three blocks.
Gerding Edlen Development wants to buy the land for $8.1 million, turning it into a mix of offices, retail and housing.
The four blocks are used for parking, surrounding the Morrison Bridge ramps. They are considered to be underutilized for such a prominent gateway location.
No other developers responded to the county’s request for proposals to acquire and develop the site.
Read more at the Portland Tribune.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer