Raghu Raghavan was determined to keep his new business, Act-On, in Oregon, despite investors pressuring him to move it to the Silicon Valley.
Now, Act-On has landed $4 million in venture backing from US Venture Partners and Voyager Capital, which they plan to use for marketing and development - in Oregon.
"Who are these guys to tell me that I should only succeed down there?" asks Raghavan, Act-On's founder and CEO. "It's ridiculous to think you can't succeed in Oregon."
Oregon entrepreneurs have long complained that they can't get traction locally, either because they can't find local investors or because they can't find skilled executive talent. Several companies have gone elsewhere in search of better opportunities.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- October Oregon Get There Challenge: Build A Thriving Workforce By Making Employee Commutes Better
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- The 2023 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is open!
- New for the 2023 Survey: Customized, Supplemental 100 Best Survey Questions
- Fresh Solutions for Flexible Workplaces