LibertyBank shut down
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
All 15 branches of LibertyBank are reopening as branches of Home Federal Bank of Idaho.
State regulators shut down the Eugene-based LibertyBank, and named the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. as receiver.
All 15 branches are reopening as branches of Home Federal Bank of Idaho, with no disruption in service for customers.
“The point that we always want to get across to bank customers is it’s really pretty much business as usual,” said Tricia Wynegar, an FDIC spokeswoman.
“No one lost a single penny of deposits,” Wynegar said. “Home Federal Bank of Idaho bought all the deposits.”
And “all the branch employees will still be there,” she said. “There are just a few positions that are not retained, such as the president and other high-level positions.”
Read more at The Register-Guard.
Last modified onMonday, 19 October 2015 11:39
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise