Temps sue Safeway
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
Aptitude Staffing Solutions hired a dozen workers to fill graveyard shifts at Safeway Inc.'s Clackamas campus.
Now the workers claim they haven't been paid by the agency.
As far back as March, workers notified their Safeway supervisors they weren't receiving paychecks from Aptitude Staffing Solutions of Pleasanton, Calif. Eventually, workers say, they alerted four supervisors, including one who told them that it wasn't Safeway's problem because it had paid the temp agency.
Even so, workers told The Desk, Aptitude continued filling Safeway jobs as recently as June.
The grocer's spokesman, Dan Floyd, called the topic a "legal issue" and would say only that Safeway is no longer working with Aptitude and had fully paid the agency for the workers' time.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise