Jantzen Beach Supercenter managers plan to renovate the mall by tearing down most of it and replacing it with new storefronts.
They plan to meet with Portland city representatives on Tuesday to discuss the plan.
The mall would be replaced with 120,980 square feet of retail space, including a 65,000-square-foot grocery store, according to preliminary plans. A138,760-square-foot Target store along North Hayden Island Drive would replace the existing location inside the mall.
The redevelopment would make retail space easier to lease, said Sam Judd, vice president of investments for Edens & Avant, which manages the property. Many of the SuperCenter's storefronts are now vacant.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer