Elemental gets VC boost
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
Portland's video processing startup Elemental Technologies wins $7.5 million in venture capital from The Walt Disney Co.'s Steamboat Ventures.
Video processing startup Elemental Technologies announced $7.5 million in venture backing from The Walt Disney Co.'s venture capital arm, Steamboat Ventures.
Elemental is expanding on the video editing software it debuted two years ago, and developing more tools for online video broadcasters.
Elemental's software aims to make video processing more efficient without sacrificing picture quality. That keeps the process speedy and gets the most out of the computers producing the video.
It also gives online broadcasters flexibility, enabling them to adjust video quality on the fly to suit each user's device and Internet connection. Someone watching at home with fast Internet access can view a high-definition version, for example, while broadcasters can simultaneously stream in lower resolution for viewers on slower connections or a mobile device.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise