Mehrbani Elected Chair of the International Trademark Association Subcommittee
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in Press Releases
- 0 comments
Lane Powell Shareholder Parna A. Mehrbani was recently elected Chair of the Trade Names Subcommittee for the International Trademark Association (“INTA”), a not-for-profit membership association dedicated to the support and advancement of trademarks and related intellectual property as elements of fair and effective commerce.
As Chair of the Trade Names Subcommittee, Mehrbani will work to clarify and eliminate the discord between trademarks and trade names by developing and advocating for policies on issues, such as the removal of business identifiers from relevant registries based on non-use and prior rights, and preventing the registration of business identifiers that may conflict with preexisting trademark rights. The subcommittee has helped develop model trade name laws to guide jurisdictions in developing their own related legislation. Mehrbani has been an active member of the committee since 2009.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise