Danielle Phillips, who graduated in May with a degree in Modern Languages with an emphasis in Spanish and a minor in music, has been awarded an English Teaching Assistantship through the Fulbright Scholar Program.
Click title to read more.
Danielle Phillips will teach English in Indonesia for a year.
"While in Indonesia, I hope to teach English as a second language to high school students in a more rural area," said Phillips. "Giving students the opportunity to learn a second language is one of the things everyone should have."
The program begins on the 30th of August and lasts for approximately ten months. When she returns to the US, Phillips plans to pursue a Masters of Arts in Teaching degree with the goal of earning ESL certification.
Danielle is one of two Fulbright Scholars to graduate from Pacific this year, with a total of 21 Scholars from previous years.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Workplace Culture for Nonprofits Panel Discussion
- October Oregon Get There Challenge: Build A Thriving Workforce By Making Employee Commutes Better
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- The 2023 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is open!
- New for the 2023 Survey: Customized, Supplemental 100 Best Survey Questions